Monday, January 27, 2014

Before Plastic

Wooden Checkers
Remember all the wooden game pieces that we used to play with....before plastic.

Wooden Chess Pieces
The house and hotels in Monopoly were wood.
Wooden Dice
Wooden Dominoes
Wooden game pieces
Wooden American Bricks





When my five year old granddaughter Rowan comes over I like to have a hidden surprise for her.  This week it will be a set of Monopoly playing pieces in her dollhouse toy chest.  I was so fascinated with these when I was young.  I always wanted to play with the iron or the dog.  I still play with irons!!!


My friend Kathie gave me this SUPER EASY and YUMMY pumpkin bread recipe.  I sent it to my husband's clinic for his staff because I couldn't keep out of it!!!  It was way too dangerous to have around.

PUMPKIN BREAD
1 spice cake mix
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 can pumpkin
Cinnamon or butterscotch chips – ½ bag
Nuts (I used a cup of pecans)

Mix all together, put in bread pan and bake at 350◦ for about an hour.
Test with a toothpick. This is very moist.  (It's really more like cake.
You could probably bake this in a cake pan, for less time in the oven.)
I baked it in two bread pans instead of one and used butterscotch chips.

Have a great week!  Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment