Saturday, August 8, 2009

My Secret Weapon




How do I cut all those little pieces with holes in them? An X-Acto knife with a #11 blade. You can get one at any art supply store or craft store. I have been doing this for years. It is soooooo much easier than trying to manipulate your scissors in a little space. You can buy a cheap metal knife or a nicer one that has a cushioned handle and the blades usually come in a pack of five. I would suggest you practice though before you start on something good. I hope this is a good tip for everyone because I love it.

2 comments:

  1. That's a good idea to use a blade to cute those glasses out. I'm currently working on the Dazzling Dogs quilt and posting about it on my blog. I've been using a pair of scissors to cut the glasses out so far. I might have to try your suggestion out. Come by to see my progress at http://stitchanartquilt.blogspot.com/ if you want to see the colors I'm using on the quilt.

    Thanks,
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cow is precious! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete