Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Hankies

The winner of our new Dragonfly pattern is Patricia, thanks for all your comments!




I went into an antique store last weekend and I found hanky gold in one booth.  I just love my new finds!  I photographed them without washing or ironing them so you get to see them with their original creases and their little stickers still on.


This one was my favorite because I love to collect vintage valentine stuff.  I can't believe the little card was still in the little envelope.  Score!


After I get this one washed up and hopefully the stains out I want to frame and mat this one for a guest bedroom.


I just loved the art deco pattern of this one.  I only paid $3.00 for each one of my finds.

I have been so lucky to see a lot of my family lately.  My sister Julie came home for a Kansas visit to see our Mom Dorothy for their birthday.  My Mom had my sister on her birthday.  I made my sisters favorite dessert for her.  Here is the recipe below. 


Lemon Icebox Dessert

Step 1:

3 oz. pkg. Lemon Jell-O

1 cup boiling water

1 T lemon juice

Step 2:

8 oz. cream cheese

1 1/3 cup sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

Combine ingredients of Step 1.  Beat ingredients of Step 2 with mixer, then add to Step 1.

Fold in 8 oz. container of Cool Whip into the above mixture.  Place in a 9” square dish.

Top and crust:

5 T butter, melted

1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs (9 double crackers)

3 Tbsp. sugar

Combine above ingredients.  Place 2/3 mixture in bottom of square dish (press firmly) and

sprinkle remainder on top.  Refrigerate overnight.

(Can double this recipe and put in a covered cake pan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment