Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone is getting excited about good food and fun times with the family like me! I am hoping I can get in a few games of Skip-Bo or Guesstures after the dishes are done and the left-overs are put away (please let there be left-overs). Hot turkey sandwiches covered with gravy....yum and a side of mashed potatoes.

I have been doing some baking and freezing ahead of time to make my life easier on Thanksgiving day. There are so many dishes that you have to make that day but some things you can make ahead of time like this Frozen Fruit Salad. It is a family favorite and it is always ready to eat right out of your freezer. Have fun everyone and safe travels!!!

Frozen Fruit Salad
1 can (14oz.) sweetened condensed milk
1 can (21 oz. blueberry pie filling
1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple drained
2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
3 bananas sliced
1 container (8 oz.) Cool Whip Topping thawed

In a large bowl, combine milk and pie filling.
Add pineapple, nuts and bananas. Gently
fold in whipped topping. Spread in one 9" x 13"
or two 9" x 9". You can also put it in single
serving containers. Cover and freeze. Remove
from freezer a few minutes before serving. Cut
in squares. Yields 12 - 15 servings.
For another delicious version: Use peach pie
filling, mandarin oranges drained, crushed
pineapple drained and bananas.

The quilt above is "Happy Thanksgiving" from my "Seasoned Quilter" little quilts.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you. I was so happy to see my LQS newsletter this morning - she has your new "Seasoned Quilter" patterns in - I so want to make the Quilters 1,2,3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! I love that little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great recipe! I'm looking forward to trying it!

    ReplyDelete