Monday, September 26, 2011

Family Weekend


My family minus my husband (he couldn't come) all went to the Indian Peace Treaty in my home town, Medicine Lodge, Kansas. The pageant commemorates the great Peace Council of 1867 between the U.S. Government and the Plains Indians. It is a action-packed weekend of reenactments, rodeos, parades and Indian dances that they put on every three years. My Mom and Dad hosted all their kids and a majority of the grand kids and great grand kids. It was total pandemonium and it was wonderful!


We all went to the parade on Saturday. I loved it but my granddaughter Rowan really loved it because she found out that parade floats sometimes throw out candy. She was in sugar high
heaven!

We got to see a wagon train go down main street.



There were Indian dances.



The usual 0ld cars and trucks.



One of my highlights was seeing my old band instructor Jim Schnoebelen leading the alumni MLHS band. They sounded amazing!



An ox cart



A Cowboy and his sidekick.

We had a great time and I am paying for it today....sooooo tired. You know how family weekends are...lots of food, talk, games and little sleep. ZzzzzZzzzZzzzz

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that looks like a ton of fun! I bet the tired is worth it :-)

    ReplyDelete