Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Great LEGO Exhibit in Topeka, Kansas




I enjoyed having my nephews for a week while their parents were in Italy. I tried to come up with one fun thing to do each day to get out of the house. I didn't want them to be to bummed out about being with Aunt Amy and not in Italy with their folks. One day we drove to Topeka to the Mulvane Art Museum on the Washburn University campus. We went to "The Art of the Brick". There were 28 LEGO brick sculptures by New York artist Nathan Sawaya. He is a lawyer turned artist. If you have a chance to see this exhibit ....GO. Grab your kids, neighbor's kids or be the big kid. I think you will enjoy each and every sculpture. It makes me want to go out and buy some LEGO's! We couldn't decide on a favorite. Here are some of the sculptures for you to see how amazing they are.


This one above is called "Cracked".

The sculpture is building himself in the one below.

I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July weekend full of great food, family and of course sewing! Amy

3 comments:

  1. Wow! these lego displays are ama-ZING!! You are a WUNNY-FUL Aunt Amy!

    Hope YOU have a great 4th of July too!

    ...I'm going to TRY not to eat too much food...ugh, trying to lose weight kinda puts a damper on holiday "fun"

    hugZ,
    annie
    rubyslipperz106.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Aunt....love these pictures...amazing what you can do with legos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found many interesting things, especially in your blog discussions. You shared very informative information with us, it is easy to understand.
    solicitors kirkcaldy

    ReplyDelete