Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I love to Bake!!!


I bake cookies at least once a week. This is a really great recipe because it uses overly ripe bananas. They are moist and delicious. You can make them without the chocolate chips....but who would want to skip out on more Chocolate!!!

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 c Crisco (I use butter flavored Crisco for all my baking)
1 c sugar
1 1/2 c flour
1 egg
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 c ripe bananas mashed ( don’t double bananas if you
double the recipe)
1 3/4 c uncooked oatmeal
1 c chocolate chips ( 6 oz.)
Cream Crisco, sugar and egg. Sift dry ingredients
and add alternately with mashed bananas. Remove from
mixer and add oatmeal and chocolate chips.
Bake 10 -12 minutes at 350 degrees.

I use parchment paper to cover all my cookie sheets.



My mother-in-law Bev gave me this great tip...use a potato masher to mash your bananas. This works so much better than a fork which I was using.

2 comments:

  1. I also love to bake and have a banana bread recipe very similar to your cookie recipe. It's featured on my blog if you're interested. http://threadstofabric.blogspot.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete