Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Start your new year with one of my favorite new recipes.

German Apple Pancakes

GERMAN APPLE PANCAKES
4 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teas. salt
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teas. cinnamon
4 T. butter, divided
2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 400. Place 2 pie pans in the oven to heat.
Beat the eggs, flour, salt and milk on medium speed for
 1 minute. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon
and set aside. Take the pans out of the oven and put 2 T. butter
in each pan, moving it around to coat the bottom and sides.
Spread the apple slices in the bottom of the pans. Pour half
the batter in each pan. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and puffy.
Serve warm. Serves 4. ( I say more like 2!)

I used 9” cake pans and added pecans on top of the apple slices.  I baked them for 25 minutes to make sure they weren’t doughy. We ate them with a little bit of syrup on the side for dipping!  You could also have extra cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top. One of my top recipes that I have tried this year .... Delicious!!

My husband and Mom loved them.  We thought they could be served as a dessert with vanilla ice cream.

Thank you to my friend Kathie for giving me this recipe!!!!

2 comments: