Wednesday, February 12, 2014

February Update


Dawn Hamman  sent this photo of her quilt that she is entering in a multi-technique category.  She used my "Meet the Tweets" pattern and added pieced bird house blocks and her own wonderful creativity!!!  Didn't it turn out cute?  She did such a great job on color and fabric choices.  You get a gold star from me Dawn!

Yesterday my day didn't start out the way I wanted.  I got stuck in the snow!  I couldn't turn around in the plowed path to the barn so I had to go in reverse.  I have enough problems driving in snow in forward much less reverse!!!

It had melted quite a bit when I took this photo.  Hopefully tomorrow I can just drive it out.

The day ended great though.  I got to spend time with my three grandchildren and I got to go to the musical "Bring It On" with my daughter Ashley.

My granddaughter Rowan loves her dolls.
A couple weeks ago in Topeka I stopped in a antique store and found some fun things.

A new pin cushion for my collection.

We raise Hereford cattle so I couldn't resist this Fisher Price "Bossy Bell" toy.





I laughed when I saw this old skate key.  Young kids wouldn't know what these are but big "OLD" kids like me had these for our roller skates.

I got a brand new pair of roller skates,
You got a brand new key.
I think that we should get together and try them out, to see ...the  pop song by Melanie


Have a great Valentines Day!  Amy

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. Now I have that song in my head. I love the Tweets and Dawn's quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Amy,
    Would you possibly know how old your skate key is? I have one exactly like it from my childhood, but I've no idea how old it was when I got it. Thanks!
    All the best,
    Rev. Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that you posted it on February 12,2014. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete