Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The reason I missed my 6:00 a.m. exercise

I shot this photo on the morning this calf was born.  I think it has been raining non-stop since then.  Where is Noah and his ark?
I hope you are all having a good day.  My husband John and I had the pleasure of walking around in the pouring rain and mud last night at midnight to bring up a cow so that we could pull her calf.  My boot got stuck and I fell down in total muck and poo and all I could do was laugh because John was saying "No, not that way...go the other way."    I could barely walk in that stuff and hold on to my cell phone at the same time so that he could give me directions.  It was pretty comical.  I now know why cow men get married.  They need a full time assistant for calving season!   It was the latest I have taken a bath in a long time.   I also spent four hours on Friday afternoon watching a cow in labor.  We had to pull that calf too.  We usually only have to pull 2 or 3.  I hope this means we are done pulling calves for this season.

Also last night....
I look forward with anticipation for "Dancing with the Stars".    http://www.mlive.com/tv/index.ssf/2012/03/dancing_with_the_stars_2012_pr.html   The season premier was so good last night!  There will be so many fun ones to watch.  I love Monday night TV.... "Dancing with the Stars" and "Castle". 

3 comments:

  1. You need to make a "Cow Man's Wife" quilt!

    I love Castle too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahh - I love calves, or baby moo's moo's! They are so cute! I remember when we would have to run to our neighbors house, who had the chains, to pull calves when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy, what a beauty! I was just at the barn doing a skin test on a horse the other day and they were foaling. OMG, I just love this time of year for the babies :) Now if only we could set their internal clocks for when to deliver huh? I'm with you...been in the boot sucking mud and landed on my butt/face/side/etc more times than I'd like to count, lol.

    ReplyDelete