Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Interesting Antiques On Our Vacation

Bench made from old car parts with a wood slate seat
Loved this bench made from a old Ford tailgate!
My husband and I had fun antiquing through Iowa and a little bit of Minnesota.  I took photos whenever I could of things that I wanted to remember.  I hope you like the interesting things that I found.  I have more but I will do that in another post.
All the drawers to this cabinet are made up of cigar boxes.
Close up of the boxes.
I have never seen a napkin holder like this.  You put napkins in the slots to make up her skirt.
I think they used a chicken coop for the base of this coffee table laminated with old yardsticks.
I loved this bench but it was very expensive!
Suitcase that turns into a table.
Smoke comes out of this guys ears on this ashtray.
Then we saw these things driving by and had to do a turn-a-round to go back and take photos.
Wood carvings in a front yard of the "Three Stooges - Larry, Curly and Mo" golfing.  The giant golf ball is in the middle.
Windmill man
At the bottom of this windmill is this sculpture of a carpenter that saws the log when the windmill above him goes around.
Giant chicken woodcarving.
We had such a good time.  I can't wait to go back!

A Super easy recipe for fall.  Our veterinary hospital staff love these pumpkin muffins.

Pumpkin Muffins

1 yellow cake mix
1 ( 15 oz.) can of pumpkin
1 cup water
Half a bag of butterscotch chips (5 ½ oz.)
½ cup of chopped nuts

Mix dry cake mix, water and pumpkin.  Stir in butterscotch chips and nuts.
Spray 18-24 muffin tins.  Bake 350 degrees 35-40 minutes.

There are no eggs in this recipe.


1 comment:

  1. Where did you find that napkin doll? I’ve been looking for one like this..

    ReplyDelete