Sunday, January 30, 2011

Remember When...


Last weekend my husband and I went antiquing in Springfield, Missouri. I came across some memories. Memories of being stranded under a hot dryer for 30 - 40 minutes waiting for a head full of 2 inch curlers to dry. What we will do for a good hair day!!!!! Thank goodness that they invented blow dryers. It takes me less than 5 minutes now. I did do more reading back then though. The dryer in the top photo had a price tag of $69.00. The dryer in the bottom photo had a price tag of $10.00. Remember the saying "one person's junk is another person's treasure". Needless to say I didn't bring these treasures home.


2 comments:

  1. You didn't....lol... neither would I...what would we do with them...and they are sew large...ahhh we could put them in the garden for shade under a bird feeder.....mmmmm lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably wouldn't have bought one either...but it could have made a fun lamp if it could be retro-fitted with a socket, etc. And still be useful for reading. But remember how relaxing that hot air, blowing felt after awhile...zzzzzz
    :)

    ReplyDelete