Friday, January 29, 2010

More quilts for Rowan!


How many quilts can a first time grandma make for their first grandchild...four I think...or until I finish another one. My husband told me to start a fund for future grand kids so they won't be deprived. He doesn't know me very well. I fully intend to spoil them just as bad! It is a grandma's right to give them all the love and attention that they want and then hand them back to their parents.

The quilt that I just finished was easy. You could use any pattern. Just substitute a photo block for one of the blocks. I used EQ Printables by The Electric Quilt Company. They give you all the instructions to put your photos on their fabric sheets using your ink jet printer. I also used some of my fabric designed for Moda. I even remembered to put a label on the back!!!! My grand daughter Rowan loves looking at all her family, cats, dogs and her house. Her Daddy said to my daughter do you know that Rowan is dragging her new quilt around the house. Yea! That is why I made it for her to do. I just love this grandma business!!!

5 comments:

  1. Amy, I've been on your web site and am getting ready to order some patterns. If I were take make some of these and sell them on etsy or use your templates used in these quilts for other things on etsy am I in violation of copywrite? I don't want to do anything wrong and would appreciate more input from you. You can respond to me on my sewing blog. Thanks. Cindy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I also see a couple of darling quilts people have made with your templates and I'm wondering if those patterns are still available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt I have two grandson's both three and I waited 64 years for them and I intend to spoil them rotten to. I just adore being a grammie

    ReplyDelete
  4. egad apparel: awesome tee-shirts, cool apparel
    egad apparel
    tee-shirt blog
    egad apparel on cafepress

    soldier complex
    martial arts t-shirt blog

    4More4Number44: Barack Obama tee-shirt blog
    ReElect Barack Obama 2012egad apparel: awesome tee-shirts, cool apparel
    egad apparel
    tee-shirt blog
    egad apparel on cafepress

    soldier complex
    martial arts t-shirt blog

    4More4Number44: Barack Obama tee-shirt blog
    ReElect Barack Obama 2012

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh being a grandmother is just the best. I have three grandson and just love them to bits and its great to spoil them and return to senders. hehehehe Also love it when quilts get used endlessly. Take care and hugs.

    ReplyDelete