Thursday, August 13, 2009

Change of Plans


Yesterday I was dressed up (at least for me) and driving on the interstate through Topeka, Kansas on my way to Council Grove, Kansas. My husband John was giving a presentation and I was going to surprise him and show up to hear it. The surprise was on me. I was driving about 65mph in the fast lane in noontime 4 lane traffic when somebody decided to leave fence posts in my lane. I couldn't swerve because a semi truck was next to me and a man was running down through the lanes to remove the posts. Amazingly no one was hurt just a few flat tires. Wow! This really makes you think how quickly life can change. My only trip yesterday was with the tow truck driver back to the auto shop and home. Home felt really good yesterday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear no one was injured, but I can only imagine how frightening this was for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank heavens no one was hurt. How scary that must have been!

    Take care,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry that you had to go that experience. Glad you are not hurt.

    michelle

    ReplyDelete