Friday, May 8, 2009

Cows in the front yard

Not everyone has cows in their front yard but I do! We have 3 cows and one calf in the front yard. We are all done with calving except for two. My husband John is keeping them close by because the last two cows still need to have their calves. Last night we moved the temporary electric fence to put them to a new part of our place. I think they like this part the best. They have the bradford pear trees for shade and the pond instead of a water tank. My granddaughter Rowan and I have to do regular checks on them but it's really an escape for sunshine! Below is my take on sunbathing cows called Beach Bovines.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of the cows in your front yard. Brings memories back of growing up on the farm. Love those Herefords

    ReplyDelete