Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What did I buy in Minnesota?

The winner of a pattern of her choice is Gale!


I bought three new doll buggies.  I don't know how or why this collection started.  Probably because I loved playing with dolls when I was young.  They will join the three below.



I bought three new doll irons.  Three must be a good  number to buy.  I like whimsical sewing stuff.


They will join this bunch of irons.


I got super excited when I came across the garage for my metal doll house.  I love that the garage door goes up and down. I have most of the furniture now so I am buying the accessories. The smaller the accessory the more expensive it is.  They said those were the pieces that were lost or swallowed. I passed on the $10.00 dust pan and the $15.00 trash can but  last year I splurged on the $20.00 telephone. (Don't tell my husband!)


The game room was what I bought last year in Minnesota.
My granddaughter Rowan hasn't come over yet to play with me.  I can't wait until she see the new garage.  What a great excuse for a grandma to still play with dolls!!!


I couldn't pass on the toy Smith Corona typewriter and matching toy red phone.


I also couldn't pass on a new wheel barrow for my collection.  I loved playing with a little one that my Grandma Bess had when I was young. I now have four glass ones in different sizes.  Perfect for filling with different candies.


I bought several gifts for family members but I can't post those photos.  I think they might actually read my blog.

Crispy Cheddar Chicken

My son-in-law John is a great cook and always trying new recipes.  I tried this and I loved it!  You can go to http://www.justapinch.com/recipes/main-course/chicken/crispy-cheddar-chicken-4.html

It was so simple. It bakes in a 9" x 13". I used what I had on hand.  It called for chicken breasts but I used boneless chicken thighs.  It called for cheddar cheese and I used Colby cheese.  It called for Ritz crackers and I used Club crackers. It tasted just like his recipe. Delicious!  I can't wait for the leftovers.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Amy

3 comments:

  1. You are right-we DO read your blog! Love all your treasures that you got and we cannot wait to see you this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such treasures...ohhh you have such a great eye..these would be terrific for props with your quilts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for picking my card as one your winners from the teddies challenge, it is such an honour.
    Thank you for all your hard work in making the challenge so successful, it's a shame that the challenge is ending but I can totally understand your reasons and wish you all the best.
    Sue xx obat penggugur kandungan

    ReplyDelete